Arusha National Park Day Trip
Non game-viewing travel time: 1 hour
Distance: 60 km
After breakfast, you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel east to the Arusha National Park. This small but beautiful Tanzanian National Park is the closest national park to both the famous Arusha “safari town” (40 km) as well as the Kilimanjaro International Airport, thus making it ideal for 1-day safaris or tours.
Not only is the animal life in the park abundant, but it is also one of the most beautiful and topographically varied parks in Tanzania. The park’s three most significant features include the rugged Mount Meru (Tanzania’s second-highest peak at 4566m), the notably different colored Momela Lakes, and the 3km wide Ngurdoto Crater, which was formed about fifteen million years ago!
We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do a morning and afternoon game drive, visiting both the Momela Lakes and the Ngurdoto Crater. Wildlife which could be seen include African buffalos, elephants, hippos, giraffe, warthogs, antelopes, zebras, blue monkeys, and sometimes a rare leopard or hyena. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha where we will end our safari adventure. The group should tip the tours guide around $ 20 to $ 30 for the day. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour package services.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)