Lake Manyara National Park Day Trip
Lake Manyara National Park
Non-game-viewing travel time: 4½ hours
Distance: 260 km
After breakfast, you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel west to the Great Rift Valley and the Lake Manyara National Park. We will travel through the agricultural and fresh produce market town of Mto Wa Mbu, which is situated next to the entrance of the Lake Manyara National Park. The town is a souvenir hunters paradise, harboring thousands of souvenir salesmen – ready to pounce at your slightest invitation.
The Lake Manyara National Park is one of Tanzania’s most dramatically located African wildlife areas, consisting of a massive but shallow soda lake (covering two-thirds of the park) at the foot of the Great Rift Valley’s western escarpment. The park’s varied habitat attracts a wide variety of animals, including one of Africa’s densely populated African elephant herds, Lake Manyara’s famous tree-climbing lions, as well as large flocks of flamingos, attracted by the algae in the lake.
We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do two exciting morning and afternoon game drives, in search of the tree-climbing lions. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha from Lake Manyara where we will end our safari adventure. The group should tip the tour guide around $20 for the day. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour packages services.
- Transport in 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing.
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned suite tented camps and lodges
- Ngorongoro Crater service fee
- Private English speaking safari guide
- All meals while on safari.
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi.
- 3 Men Tents for 2, chairs, tables and sleeping mats (camping safari)
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas and items of a personal nature
- Laundry Service
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Travel Insurance
- Other safari add-ons
- Optional Tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD. 550 per person etc)
- Tips to the driver guide and cook. Tipping is per group (not per person)
- Driver guide: $20/day
- Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)